Caitlin attended South Texas College of Law and dedicated much of her law school curriculum to coursework that directly benefits our clients; representative coursework includes: family law; marital property; wills, trusts, and estates; mock trial; sexual orientation and the law; and family trial advocacy. Through her family law advocacy class, Caitlin learned directly from a sitting family court judge on how to handle a family law case from start to finish. Caitlin earned the highest grade in her family law course and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in her Sexual Orientation and the Law class for her seminar paper titled: “The Denial of Same Sex Marriage: A Takings Clause Approach.” She also received the Dean’s Merritt Scholarship in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Caitlin represented South Texas College of Law nationally as a varsity advocate in both mock trial and moot court competitions. As an advocate and oralist (writer and speaker), Caitlin had the opportunity to compete at the Peter James Johnson Civil Rights Mock Trial Tournament hosted by St. John’s University in New York, the 2013 August A. Rendings National Products Liability Moot Court Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio and the John Marshal Law School national Criminal Justice Trial Competition in Chicago Illinois. Through mock trial, Caitlin developed the oral and written advocacy skills necessary to win both in and outside of the courtroom.
Caitlin has been a dedicated member of Skillern Firm for 7 years. She joined the firm as the first Skillern Firm law clerk in May 2013 when the firm consisted of 2 lawyers. Caitlin had the benefit of developing her skill set directly under Mr. Skillern. He made sure she would be ready to hit the ground running the day she got her law license. Since then, she has never looked back and is truly a force to be reckoned with. While Matt and her do still work cases together sometimes, Caitlin has managed her own docket for years. She is well equipped to handle all typed of family law matters and assist you through the process. She most enjoys handling complex property matters and child custody modifications but is equipped to handle all subject matters in Family Law.
Caitlin has a passion for litigation but also understands that often times cases are best resolved in mediation or outside of Court. When working with Caitlin, you will immediately feel at ease and comforted because she truly does care about each of her clients. Check out her reviews on Avvo to read some of the things her clients have to say about her dedication to their case.
- Family Law
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 2014
- Honors: Peter James Johnson Civil Rights Mock Trial Tournament, St. John’s University
- Honors: August A. Rendings National Products Liability Moot Court Competition
- Honors: John Marshall Law School national Criminal Justice Trial Competition
- Louisiana State University
- B.A.M.C. – 2011
- Major: Mass Communications
- Major: Public Relations
- Disability Rights Texas
- Harris County Public Defenders Office
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in her Sexual Orientation, The Denial of Same Sex Marriage: A Takings Clause Approach,” 2011 – 2013
- Dean’s Merritt Scholarship, 2011 – 2013
- American Association of Attorney Advocates – Top 10 Family Law Female 2022
- Best Of The Best Attorneys – Top 10 Family Law Attorney
Current Employment Positions
- Senior Associate