Skillern Firm

(713) 229-8855

Skillern Firm
Home $ Divorce $ Divorce Decree Enforcement

Enforcing The Obligations Of Your Divorce Decree

A divorce decree is a court order. It is not often people purposefully disregard this, but it does happen. At Skillern Firm, we have the experience and know-how to seek enforcement of your Texas divorce decree.

How We Can Help With Enforcement Issues

Our skilled attorneys can help you identify provisions of your decree that have been violated. We can then take the legal steps necessary to remedy the situation if your ex-spouse is not following through on ordered provisions such as:

  • Property division, including the failure of delivery or unapproved sale of marital property
  • Spousal Maintenance payments
  • Child custody and possession and access
  • Child support payments
  • Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
  • Attorney’s fees

The court that issued the decree has the power to enforce the provisions of that decree. Legal actions can be taken that require the other party to comply with the court order or face contempt of court. Those in contempt could face jail time.

Our attorneys will advocate for you and guide you to the most effective path for enforcement. We will attempt to first use reasonable and appropriate measures to attain compliance. When the situation warrants, we will employ more aggressive measures.

Get The Enforcement Guidance And Representation You Need

Call our office at 281-915-2674 to find out more about your options. We have extensive experience with Texas court orders and enforcements and may be able to provide an option that works. You can also reach us by sending a contact email via this website link.

Divorce Resources


LGBTQ+ Divorce

High Asset Divorce

Divorce Modifications

Property & Asset Division

How To Plan For Divorce

Your Guide to High Asset Divorce in Texas

How Can a Divorce Attorney Help?

How is Property Divided in a Divorce?

How is a Business Divided in Divorce?

How Long Does the Divorce Process Take?

Can I Fire My Divorce Lawyer?

When Should I Contact a Divorce Lawyer?

Who are The Best Divorce Lawyers in Houston?

Who Pays Lawyer Fees For a Divorce?

How Do I Find The Best Divorce Attorney?

Should I Divorce After 50?

How Do I File For Divorce In Harris County?

Can I Make My Spouse Pay for a Divorce Lawyer?

What Questions To Ask a Divorce Lawyer?

Do I Need a Lawyer for a Divorce?

How do I File For Divorce in Fort Bend County?

Does it Matter Who Files For Divorce First?

How To Find the Best Divorce Lawyer For Women?

How to Find the Best Divorce Lawyer For Men?

What Happens to Debt in Divorce?

Can You Divorce Without an Attorney?

What Are The Grounds For Divorce In Texas?

Are Texas Divorces Public Record?